US Citizen giving to charity in the UK
US Citizen dual taxpayer giving to charity resident in the UK
The smarter way for dual tax payers to give to charity
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) has been connecting donors to the causes that matter to them for over 90 years, ensuring money gets where it’s needed as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Relocating your philanthropy needn’t be as complex or challenging as you would expect. While charitable giving in the UK is quite unlike anything you may have previously experienced, the CAF American Donor Fund (CADF)* has been specifically designed for those who pay tax both in the US and UK.
Build a philanthropic fund and disburse it to the causes you care about
- Donations are tax effective in the UK and the USA
- Donations qualify for UK Gift Aid (where applicable), increasing the value of donations made by 25% (and the related USA tax deduction also by 25%)
- No set-up fees and no ongoing accounting and legal costs associated with private foundations
- Fees are recovered from your donations and are tax deductible along with your donation
- Private Client managers undertake all the administration on your behalf, including reclamation of Gift Aid (where applicable) and disbursement
- Make anonymous donations if you wish
If you file tax returns in both the UK and USA, CAF can help you make tax effective charitable donations, meaning you achieve greater impact with your philanthropy.
*The CAF American Donor Fund is the trading name of Southampton Row Trust Ltd, a UK-based charitable company registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (Registered company number 3900842. Registered charity number 1079020). Southampton Row Trust Ltd is wholly owned by CAFAmerica, a US 501 (c)(3) public charity. CAFAmerica Employer Identification Number (EIN) 43-1634280.